Since we’re moving into a new month, it seems appropriate to look back on January. I wanted to report on what The Mayday Foundation has accomplished since the website launched on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Wow! You have exceeded my expectations and we are smashing fundraising goals. In January, generous donors shared $11,345 in check and online donations. Donor Kate Scriven said, “I feel so lucky that I have never had to be as terrified as these parents are.”
The local need is real – three families have already been referred to The Mayday Foundation.
Here is what a mother receiving help has to say about this gracious gift. “Your foundation has been a true and honest blessing for my daughter and me. I appreciate all that you have done!”
How money has been spent:
- Caught up a family’s Puget Sound Energy bill which was three months late
- Paid phone bill to maintain employment for spouse of a cancer patient
- Covered $200 in groceries for family of five
- Bought a coat for a 17-year-old daughter of a cancer patient
- Spent $100 on gas cards for a cancer patient to get to appointments
- Coordinated with North Thurston Education Foundation to write-off a $100 sports fee for the daughter of a cancer patient
Your donations are making a difference to our neighbors. And, we are just getting started… thank you!
If you are compelled, please share this post with your friends on social media. Growing our social media network is another way of supporting The Mayday Foundation’s mission – and it’s free. You can find The Mayday Foundation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To read about families supported by The Mayday Foundation, click here.
The Mayday Foundation is a 501(c)(3) approved non-profit organization that supports families with a parent diagnosed with cancer while caring for children at home. The Mayday Foundation can provide immediate, practical help with expenses like rent, utilities, groceries, transportation costs, and other household expenses.